4.14.2009

Tidbits of faith



I've heard and read some things in the last few days/weeks that have reached in and squeezed my heart; gave me goosebumps or instantly made me say "THAT is Right. On.".... and so I thought I'd share. I hope they stir your heart and mind as well.



"There is no such thing, in the church, as a "target audience". The target is people who breathe. That's it." ~Bill Ritchie, Crossroads Comm. Church

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." ~Deuteronomy 31: 6

"God cares more about your life and your day than you do.Surrender your day to Him. Then stand back and watch Him work." ~Crawford W. Loritts, discussing Psalm 5:3

*The realization and affirmation that you don't take bits & pieces of the Bible because they "work for me" and cast other parts aside. That there shouldn't be a focus on New Testament living over Old Testament...they go hand in hand and were meant to be KEPT together. The law is there for purpose. And in studying the Old Testament, the New Testament will make more sense and vice versa- they're interwoven and it truly IS a perfect book. ALL of it is the inspired word of God. In reading His words there is an answer for EVERYthing.It provides the insight we so often grapple for. It renews your heart...reflection notes of my own after studying Psalm 19: 7 one morning.

"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold" ~Job 23:10

*As a self-admitted control freak- it's difficult for me to do the "let go and let God" in my life. I've stubbornly peeled my own claws off of situations and lifted them up to Him, but it's so hard to do! As someone naturally inclined to take care of things, remedy situations...it's SO against my nature! But everytime, without fail, when I give it to Him- he provides answers and resolve. In my current Bible study we talked about this... and it was said so well! "It's tough being a woman who feels responsible for the "how". But if we're OBEDIENT we're not responsible to figure out the "how", God brings the "how" through our obedience! YESSSS!

*The fact that the Lord waits WITH me, when I'm patiently wading through the "muck" of life and WAITING on him..he's waiting WITH me, and that there's something..some REASON, the wait is FOR. And that waiting comes with longing. Isaiah 30:18 says the Lord longs to be gracious to us! What a comfort!



What has touched your heart & mind lately?

XOXO
~S

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and it's lovely! I really love this post-I feel like I've been going through one of those "waiting" and "longing" periods in life, so I feel like I was meant to read some of this tonight. :)

Sarah said...

Thank you, Brooke! So pleased you found me and took a moment to leave a comment! ;)