1.20.2007

Deep Thoughts


This weekend has been pretty laid back. No major commitments, which is nice. The kidlets are enjoying the time and being at home. I've been ALL about the coziness of home lately. I'm not sure if it's the winter months or if I've just changed my mindset...but I truly love being home. And just for the record- I am SOOOO ready for Spring! Today was sunny and crisp and I just instantly wished for more of the same for a while. We had our snow fun- but I'm over it already! lol. But our little home- in Winter or Spring- I just love...

This is our piece of cozy security. Where we share the details of our day at the dinner table. Where we snuggle with our children. Where we laugh and cry over movies together. Where it's OK to be in baggy sweatpants, old Tee shirt, hair tied in a knot and a slight schmear of mascara under the eye from yesterday. Where we find comfort, peace, happiness and joy. I love my home and what it means to my family.

I've been reflective the last few days. Lots of ideas. Thoughts. Reminding myself of the many things I have in my life to be thankful for. Trying to be better about praying throughout the day. Thinking about the kind of life I want for my kids..and how it's our responsibility as their parents to make appropriate decisions to ensure that they become Godly and strong in character. Raising them up to become individuals with a strong sense of self and security. I think we are doing a good job so far but I know there are things we could improve on. There always will be- but I love what we've done lately to improve our home life. We already see the benefits. It's amazing how slight changes can drastically alter one's day!




I guess to sum things up- I like where I'm at in my life. I feel blessed. Sure, I HATE my job. Sure, there are always bumps in the road. But how boring would life be without that?? I'm content with who I am. I'm blessed to have the husband God gave me. And our children?! Words cannot express the joy they bring to me each and everyday. God is good and He's in control.

~S
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So love every bit of this... sweetness. No wonder I wub you so very much! :)

Unknown said...

slight schmear of mascara under the eye - TOTALLY!!!!

i heart you
oh and i posted early. couldn't stay away :(

Court