12.04.2006

Serious Case of the Mondays....

Ugh.
I was FINE. Until I had to roll outta bed this morning. Tried to get up in time for a new class at the gym at 5:45am but I missed it by 10 minutes- didn't want to walk in late so I opted for the elliptical instead. Watched Joyce Meyers on tv while I was there and learned that since WWII, the percentage of youth who call themselves Christians has dwindled from 64% to 4%. You read correctly: 4%!!! That made me SO sad. What a bummer way to start my day! But at least I got my workout in. SOMEthing to feel good about, right?!

Went home, fixed the kidlets some waffles for breakfast (NOT from scratch, but a good ol' EGGO box) and got the kids to school on time despite sloth-like behavior on their part. FRUSTRATION on MY part. grrr. Get to Dutcho Bros. for a coffee and patiently wait in a LONG line of cars- watch this car whip into the lot, parking RIGHT in front of where the other cars are supposed to exit-totally blocking it. She storms out of her car, slamming the door dramatically and stomps over to the walk up and slams the coffee down and procedes to YELL at the guy that it wasn't nonfat milk in her drink. She could TELL it wasn't and was TICKED. AND he didn't stamp her frequent buyer card. She COUNTED and it was still the same number of stamps as before! How DARE they?!?!? Oh my...what can you do but shake your head...

Then I get to work and all is calm. all is well. for a while. And then someone blows in and throws us all in a flurry and it was just UGLY. Then I overhear someone trash talking a pastor and God...using the F-bomb in the mix. I just wanted to pack up and go home. It was SUCH a crappy day there. ugh.

Now I'm home. TONS of stuff on my TO DO list for the next week or two and I just need to sit, regroup and create a timeline for myself- when to do what- so I don't forget anything. We've got an Angel costume to find/buy for Christmas program, scratch any nice Christmas dress because she'll be in costume the whole time. Find a sweater vest for Matthew for Christmas program. And button down shirt. Practice poems and play lines with kids, Field trip to Storybook land, Bible Study, Trip to Home Depot for "lumber", paint,etc. for stage props for play- to be completed by the end of THIS week so they have it for dress rehearsal all NEXT week. Paint and construct props. Pass out birthday invites at school, get party stuff, pizzas, cake,etc for party on Friday. Saturday is the church Christmas banquet- go early to decorate table, hostess said table that evening. Find outfit for banquet.Still have to find sitter for kids. Put up our Christmas tree sometime after kids b-day party. Hang lights outside. Christmas presents (handcrafted) finished and wrapped for teachers. Go Christmas shopping for our family- haven't even STARTED yet. How bad is THAT?! And I'm sure I missed a few things in that whole slew of stuff. And in the midst of all that- I have to maintain a happy, positive attitude about it all. Enjoy it. Which wouldn't be bad really, until you throw work into the mix to put a sour side to it. It's hard to bounce back after leaving there feeling depleted of energy and joy. Totally sucks right now.

And I'm done whining and moaning about work and my TO DO list. It's buckle down time! I'm determined to get through it cheerfully to prove it's possible! lol.

How about some fun stuff? Fluffy, unimportant, materialistic SCHTUFF! LOVE this calendar/planner. Going to splurge and buy it for myself for Christmas this year. I'm SUCH a sucker for a good, fun calendar!


It's from SEE JANE WORK. Isn't it cute?!

How about this?


The Kate Spade Work Bag in a funky apple green. LOVE that green.


And..if I had this girls legs/ankles I'd SO be wearing this! SO cute!

Ok...better get moving on my list! I feel better after venting and dragging you down with me...ahhh. MUCH better! lol.Hope you had a much more enjoyable day than I, my friends!
~S

Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. ~1 Corinthians 15:58

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey, I can relate to waffles (kids), Dutch Bro's and being an Oregonian! I'm in southern OR. I found you thru *creative little daisy* ... and I'm a newbie to blogging. Happy Tuesday. Hope it's a better day for you.

Anonymous said...

Dude. You're at the gym at 6 in the am??!! HOLY COW! You are one supah dedicated lady. :) Good for you. Me, I think I'd rather sleep... no, actually I don't think, I KNOW... and THAT my friend is why I'm so chunky. Hee! Sorry to hear you had an off day... hope today is much better for you. LOVE that lil' calender/planner... so cute and colorful! And that green purse... LOVE green! Cute dress too. Such a fun, colorful post... well, besides all the bummer schtuff you went through, lol! LOVE YOU!!! xoxo, C.