Wow. Is it Friday yet??! Oh, it IS?!????
Why is this day a good one?
* I got my new car back from the dealer, all spiffed up. I love her. Yes, she's a "her"..yet unnamed but not for long.
* I survived my first week as a mom that holds a full-time job. barely. But I did it! And you veterans.. I bow before you and beg you to refrain from scoffing. I'm a newbie but I'll wrangle this new life schedule yet! I do love a good challenge.
* I get to wear jeans to work every Friday. 'nuff said.
* I still have long-ish nails. Despite a few cracks (they're very weak).. This is EPIC! I still remember when we lived in Germany and my Aunt Peg came to visit. She was painting her nails and caught me admiring her handiwork (did you catch that pun?? It was a good one!) and told me that once I broke my nail biting habit, she'd give me a manicure. Well Aunt Peg, I do believe it's time to come visit again... (I hope I'm not jinxing myself. I've done that before but this is the longest duration yet so we shall see).
* We're taking the kids to Portland tomorrow... shopping at the mall, dinner at Claim Jumper and RANGO at the theatre. It's something we've all been looking forward to but it's been fun hearing the kids counting down the days this past week. It's one of their favorite "decadent" things to do now..which shows just how fast they're growing up! (sigh)
* I started what looks to be a good book....at least from what I've read so far.
Once I finish that, I have this one waiting. I have enjoyed many of Maeve Binchy's books in the past- so hopefully this one is good too.
I finished the HUNGER GAMES trilogy. I was sad to have it come to an end. I understand they're casting for the movie(s) now.. I hope they do the books justice. It is such an original, intriguing story! I highly recommend them. Easy reads (actually written for teens) but they suck you in. I LOVE when books do that for me.
Well, it's been a long week. I'm officially whipped and headed for bed.
To read, of course. I'll probably get a page or two in before I pass out- but it's a nice way to drift off, isn't it?
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!