3.30.2011

Promises.

Today was my first day working full time (I was working half-days for several weeks) and it wasn't the best start... We let the kids stay up to watch The Biggest Loser and thus this morning they (WE) were quite grumpy and difficult to extract from their warm, snuggly covers. We were finally able to rub the sleep from our eyes and converse without snarling or whining but it took a bit. Don't you just LOVE those kind of mornings?? (eye roll)

BUT. We sang worship songs on the way to school and I think it shifted our outlook on the day..all of us. Because we were suddenly in good moods and parted ways with sincere wishes for each other to have a good day and hugs & kisses. I pulled away from the school seeing two smiling kids waving goodbye & my own huge grin in the rear view mirror.  

My day at work went well. Learning lots of new things (which I always enjoy). On my way home, I stopped at McD's to get an icey cold Diet Dr.Pepper because I knew I'd need it.  I pulled into the driveway and was trying to brace myself for the barrage I would be facing...barking dogs needing to be fed and taken out. Kids needing help with homework. Dishes & laundry and all those other things that take up hour after hour. 

I walked in..and granted, the dogs WERE barking & going bonkers with glee that I was home, but the next thing I noticed was that the house smelled delicious...dinner was simmering on the stove thanks to the hubster. The kids then greeted me and informed me they had NO HOMEWORK today (this just does NOT happen as of late). Wahhooooo!

I took a relaxing shower, ate a delicious dinner, and get to lay in bed and watch Survivor in a bit. All in all, a good day. Much different than anticipated. And that will teach me to worry or be stressed about something that hasn't even transpired. Who needs it?!

Life is crazy and full of "those days".. why create them unnecessarily? 
rainbow by metroman8
rainbow, a photo by metroman8 on Flickr.

That's what I was thinking a few minutes ago, while admiring yet another rainbow. 

Have you been seeing all these tremendous rainbows in the sky lately? Vibrant and sometimes doubles! I've never seen so many in such a short time span. And they make me feel.. good. Plain and simple. Here's why..

It's like God is giving reassuring squeezes with each one. Like He's saying "See? I told you I would never leave you. That I would not forsake you. Despite all the ugliness you see on this crumbling Earth, there is still beauty. Though there may be pain, it is not without purpose. This rain signifies the inconveniences, the battles that seem like they'll never end, the pain...and then you'll notice I let it subside and I bring promises of hope. Take heart and press on, little one" 

Yep.

XOXO
~S

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" (v.2-3a, NIV).

2 comments:

Christy said...

There's nothing like good ol' anointed praise and worship music to lift your spirit and make you smile! :)
So sweet of your hubby to have dinner ready when you got home! I'd love to have Ken home to be able to help with dinner but most nights he doesn't get home until AFTER dinner. I can't complain though since he does do all the BBQ-ing when we have company over. :) xoxo

pakosta said...

you have such a great familY!
xoxo
tara