I took the photos above on the First Day of Spring. It was rather gloomy, you could see snow in the foothills but the fields...well, they speak for themselves!
Random tidbits as of late:
* Work is going well. It's nice to have a paycheck again!
* We got a "new" car.. a Nissan Murano. She's a beaut! Black, fully loaded w/leather interior and my sunroof/moonroof (really- WHAT is the difference?! Can anyone truly tell me?).
* The kids are enjoying their Spring Break- they've spent several days with Nanny & Papa and a day with their cousins as well. Spending the rest of it lounging around home and working on projects due upon their return to school. Fun stuff though, like diorama's.
* Made some DELISH oatmeal cookies that I dumped some yellow raisins & walnuts into..yum.
* Itching to take pics. Haven't been able to do much lately.
* Figuring out ways to get the kids to help out around the house and make them WANT to..it's tricky business but necessary.
* Ollie endured his "fixing" like a champ. Yay!
* I think I FINALLY broke the 35 year bad habit of biting my nails! They're lookin' pretty if I do say so myself. Well..prettiER. I don't have very cute hands/fingers.
* I've got 2 more weeks before I'm supposed to be "ok" to do cardio. I don't think I'm going to be obedient any longer. I feel ok and am raring to go. Plus, Mr. Doctor sir...my pants are SNUG. THAT is the official indicator of whether I should do cardio, not anything silly like wheezing lungs. Duh.
* I am officially addicted to PINTEREST ..Daily eye candy. LOVE it! Here's a link to my boards.....
* I realized I have TONS of open-toed shoes and hardly ANY closed-toe ones. Weird..and needs remedied ASAP, don't you think??
* my hair appt. had to get rescheduled to mid-April and I now have roots SO long that I have that popular two-tone hair..dark on top and light on the bottom. Only I don't feel very trendy.
* We've watched some good movies as of late:
Official Review: thought it was goofy & pretty cute. Love Reese Witherspoon.
Official Review: Wow. What an amazing true story. Lots of language in this one (not a surprise)
Official Review: kind of a snooze fest. Great scenery & soundtrack though.
Official Review: Don't ask me why. I like The Rock. I just do. So sue me. This one was crazy..and kinda graphic in terms of violence.
Official Review: Kinda crude. Kinda funny. Kinda "eh".
Official Review: Really liked it. Love Rachel McAdams..she's adorable & a great actress.
Official Review: wacky, funny, great cast. We really enjoyed it!
Official Review: Another AMAZING true story. SO well done. Such an inspring story of love & dedication. Hillary Swank and Sam Rockwell were SO good. And Minnie Driver. And Juliette Lewis..she's a nut but oh-so-good at those "off" characters.
Official Review: whoa. pretty good movie..a nice surprise when you don't know what to expect.
And yes...we really, really like movies. Especially on cold, dark, dreary nights and weekends.
I'm thankful for so many things right now... life has it's ups and downs and we're steadily climbing an "up" mountain. God is good. Plain and simple. I could go on and on but really, those three words have been swirling around in my brain, in my heart and out my mouth a lot the last few weeks- so I'll just leave it at that for now.