10.01.2008

Homebodies.

It's been a long, long time since I've posted.
We've been enjoying our new surroundings and just getting into the groove of a new school year and rhythm of daily life here.
It's still a bit surreal to me that we're here. It feels like a hazy dream-- as if this is a temporary vacation stay or...I'm not sure what. Just doesn't quite feel like "home" to me yet but that's not to say I don't enjoy it- I do.

I've had girlfriends ask me how often I've been downtown shopping or what boutiques have I unearthed so far... and I have to admit- I have had ZERO desire to go looking. I've been thrifting a few times and to the library a few times.. but that's about it for "desired" excursions. I think that's a blessing though- because the fewer trips to wonderful shopping locales equals fewer episodes of temptation, yes??

We're going grocery shopping this evening while the kidlets are at their first night of AWANAS, and I'm excited about THAT!!

A.) The kids love AWANAS and have been eagerly awaiting it to start again- so despite the drive down to Lebanon every Wednesday night at rush hour & getting home after 9pm- for them, their excitement and time with friends, and the Bible knowlege they glean- it's completely worth it to me.

B.) Filling our fridge and cupboards with groceries ALWAYS makes me happy. Ever since I was a kid, I've loved looking at a fridge full of food. When I was a girl, my sisters and I would chop up old JcPenny & Sears catalogs and make paperdoll families with fully loaded homes. I'd always pick the BEST fridge with the most "food" inside. And now- once we go shopping and restock- I like to just open the door and look at it. Ok... I like to EAT it too.

I'm going to try and post on a more regular basis now...we'll see how it goes.
Here's a few shots of homelife. Nothing grand, but all special to me.







I *LOVE* watching Matthew read to Josie. One of my favorite things. He's an excellent reader- it's come to him quite naturally, he just doesn't LOVE it. I've yet to find something that grabs hold of him and makes him WANT to read... even Star Wars and Superhero chapter books haven't done the trick. I picked out a few at the library yesterday- we'll see how it goes.

XOXO
S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive been checking everyday! Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's so great to pop on over here and see you posting again. Missed you.

LOVE the pics of Matthew and Josie--gosh, they are getting so big... and absolutely adorable!!!

Must call/chat and ketch up SOON!

Miss you!
Thinking about you!
Love you!
xoxo,
C