8.01.2007

I'm Back...I think!

Hello dear friends~
I *think* I'm back to blogging. Perhaps sporadically but better than nothing! I'm trying to unpack things and jump back into some sort of normalcy. Our days are full- more than I'd like on occasion- but it makes for solid sleep at night!! I've slept SO hard the last week or so!

The kidlets are in swimming lessons in the late morning and they come home happy but tired. They have been voluntarily taking a nap right after lunch~ CRAZY but I'm not complaining! In the evenings they have another Vacation Bible School, which gives Robert and I a few hours of quiet to unpack and have dinner together. Last night we dropped the kids off, then picked up a few things from Walmart and went a few blocks from our new place to a little Japanese bento deli/market. The food was GREAT! There's a little ice cream parlor in there too- so we'll be making many walks there in the future with the kids, I think.

Our new home is in such a nice little neighborhood. Established. Friendly neighbors. A park on the next block. Downtown two blocks down. Our local Farmers Market a block down. Library is 3 blocks away. Church is only 5 minutes down the street. It's wonderful! I'm looking forward to the day when things are all put away, a sense of organization and feeling settled. I'm anxious to get out in the yard to clean it up a bit, although the "bones" of it are already enjoyable. Just need some pops of color!

Next on the list, getting my Ebay inventory unloaded, organized and ready to go. It's a typically busy time with back-to-school so I need to make the best of it! We have a trip to Cali in less than a month to save money for!! In addition, I have a couple custom items that I need to wrap up and get sent out as well.

Although things have been insanely busy the last few weeks- once we got into our new place, I craved curling up in bed with a good book and soft lamp light. So last Friday and Saturday I read a book- savoring the feeling of quiet and calm within these new walls, and the wonderful story I held in my hands. If you haven't already, you MUST read this. It's gripping. Emotional. Lovely. It stayed on my mind for a few days afterward. Add it to your reading list- you won't be disappointed.

Sarah's Key

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie! I've meaning to call and/or write but I've been sick, sick, SICK - blech! Anywho, oh so happy for your new home. I'm bummbed we didn't get to stop in and see the inside before we left... you'll have to post pics for me. CANNOT WAIT to see you (and actually get to spend some good quality time this time) in 3 1/2 weeks - YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!! Love you! ((Hugs))

Unknown said...

Oh my dear Sarah,
How are you?
I miss you.
Anyway you can come down to Medford in Sept???
I will be there teaching a bunch at the Route 5 retreat. but no need to take the classes - hey maybe you could be my assistant [just a sneaky way to spend time with you] LOL

Talk to you soon
Court