11.28.2006

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snoooowwwwww !

..written on Tuesday 11/28/06
Oh yes... there's NOTHING like waking up to a light dusting of snow! The air is cold and calm...everything seems muffled and dreamy. LOVE it. The kidlets were so excited and couldn't wait until school was over to come home and play in it. They were pre-planning snowmen designs and all...poor things. It melted off by the time school let out so the landscape
"went all boring again. sheesh", per Matthew. I hope it snows again for them. A white Christmas would be so lovely!







I've been in the holiday spirit for a few weeks now...listening to Christmas music, pulling out decorations, thinking about recipes and activities to do to share the festive spirit with my brood. Things are busy as usual with our day to day obligations but I'm making an effort to embrace the holiday time and make it meaningful and enjoyable vs. a time of stress and exasperation. Life's too short! Although my blog reading time is limited lately, I try to visit a few faves and I love seeing what everyone is doing to celebrate the season. Tree trimmings, handcrafted gifts, traditions shared...cool stuff.

I've been wanting to update the blog for a while now...just keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the ever-present/growing TO DO list! I updated to the Beta Blogger version so hopefully no one is having issues logging in. I've said it before and I'm certain I'll say it again- I'm going to attempt to be a little more consistent in posting here...at least little tidbits every week. I've had a few long distance friends that have Emailed to make sure I'm alright because there haven't been entries in a good long while! Sorry about that folksies! Just a busy, busy lady! Same ol' Same ol', really. Work, school volunteer time, teaching art, church, Bible Study, College Group, keeping my house clean and laundry up,etc. It all just eats up my day before I know it!

Thanksgiving was nice this year...relaxed and very enjoyed for the most part. We went to Portland this year to my sisters house to feast. The day was leisurely and everyone visited, passed babies around and ate lots of yummy food.

I've got to get movin' today...will post again soon! WITH visual interest included! lol.

~S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, either I am losing my mind (which is VERY likely) or my 'puter is just REALLY slow because I swear I have checked this thing since Tuesday. I'm really not that bad of a friend, I SWEAR, lol! ANYWHO, my mom said you guys were getting snow up north - SO COOL! I hope it snows while we're up... the girls would dig it so! And no worries about not posting. You know I love when you do but I completely understand... you are a busy, busy woman these days. Honestly, I don't know how you do it all. You're a SUPER mama. :) Have a great weekend sweets! Oooh, and just think - only one more weekend to go and then we'll be there the next! SO FLIPPIN' EXCITING!!! (Insert VERY high pitch squeal here.) :) xoxo, Christy